Colin's Quotes

Tagged: 

This topic contains 32 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Colin 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
Author Posts
Author Posts
February 15, 2013 at 00:21 #1149

Colin

I am going to compile a list of quotes here. I will add them as I come across them. Feel free to add your own.

The newest posts are at the bottom and the oldest posts are at the top.

• This topic was modified 4 years, 3 months ago by  Colin.
  • This topic was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by  Colin.
  • This topic was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by  Colin.
February 15, 2013 at 00:28 #1150

Colin

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better.

The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again,

because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause;

who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and at worst if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.”

– Theodore Roosevelt

February 27, 2013 at 21:22 #1173

Colin

“Repetition is the mother of skill” – fortune cookie

March 25, 2013 at 01:10 #1191

Colin

“The truly free individual is free only to the extent of his own self-mastery. While those who will not govern themselves are condemned to find masters to govern over them”

– Steven Pressfield

March 31, 2013 at 18:11 #1192

Colin

“Knowledge is power and knowledge of your mind is the greatest human power there is”

– Lincoln Gergar

April 15, 2013 at 21:36 #1198

Colin

“Myths and superstitions have power over us only to the extent that we believe them, but when we believe, we live completely under their spell and in that fiction.”

– Lynne Twist

April 19, 2013 at 03:52 #1209

Abrahman McGuyenski

“There are two categories of people: those who believe there are two categories of people and the others, I’m part of the others”

-Abrahman McGuyenski (yes I’m quoting myself lol)

May 10, 2013 at 18:50 #1216

Colin

“Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself” – Rumi

May 17, 2013 at 14:09 #1240

Colin

“As a developmental neuropsychologist, I have devoted a great deal of study to the peculiar relationship between violence and pleasure. I am now convinced that the deprivation of physical sensory pleasure is the principal root cause of violence” – James Prescott

“Prescott’s persuasive research has been ignored in ” advanced” societies where the natural process of birth has been medicalized; where newborns are separated from their parents for extended periods; where parents are told to let infants cry for fear of spoiling them; where parents goad young children to achiveve more by telling them they’re not good enough; where parents, believing that genes are destiny, let children develop on thier own. all of these unnatural parenting behaviors are a recipe for continued violence on this planet” – Bruce Lipton

May 18, 2013 at 21:48 #1248

Colin

“Because you find certain material to be intellectually easy to understand or conceptually obvious, does not necessarily indicate that the significance of that material has actually sunk in to deeper levels of knowing.” – Tom Campbell

May 28, 2013 at 22:03 #1252

Colin

“If we find ourselves stressed out about the planet, politics, wars, and other issues that matter to us we are damaging our bodies and becoming less resourceful. Getting upset about an important environmental issue doesn’t do anything about the issue itself. Many of us have a false belief that nothing will change unless we become upset. The reality, however, is that we help effect change by positive action- Not by being stressed out about the issue.” – Nick Ortner

June 9, 2013 at 14:35 #1258

Colin

“If you can be free around your family then you know you’ve really come a long way.”

– Lester Levenson

June 9, 2013 at 14:38 #1259

Colin

“If you think you are so enlightened, go spend a week with your parents”

– Ram Dass

June 16, 2013 at 09:16 #1264

Colin

The Dalai Lama weighed in on the debate around women leadership and came out firmly on the side of the female.

Talking to reporters during a visit to Australia, the Buddhist leader was asked to weigh in on gender during a race for Prime Minister that has included charges of sexism.

Speaking generally, the Dalai Lama suggested that the crisis of suffering and inequality in the world requires a compassionate approach to leadership:

“In that respect, biologically, females have more potential… Females have more sensitivity about others’ wellbeing. In my own case, my father, very short temper. On a few occasions I also got some beatings. But my mother was so wonderfully compassionate.” – The Dalai Lama

June 28, 2013 at 23:39 #1276

Colin

“Do what you do while your doing it. And don’t do what your not doing while your not doing it”

– Hale Dwoskin

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.