General Meditation FAQ

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  zthek 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Posts
Author Posts
October 13, 2012 at 16:35 #716

justin
Participant

This topic can be for general meditation questions that do no pertain to specific methodologies.

Q1: Is it counter-productive to listen to something (music, whitenoise, etc) while meditating? Or is it better to meditate with complete silence?

Q2: Can meditation be done effectively in non-sitting positions, for example while laying down or possibly walking or running?

Q3: I sit all day during my job, so when I sit down in the afternoon or evenings to meditate, my back muscles feel tight or uncomfortable. Any helpful advice for this case?

June 5, 2014 at 08:54 #1480

zthek
Participant

I too would like to ask same question…especially with the listening of musics. I used binaural beats and I have found that use of beats for meditation can be helpful in the beginning, for me lately it has not been as helpful anymore. Still my best meditation were in the beginning with the music. Now when I meditate, I can get relaxed but not much happens like it had in the past.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.